Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Just call me Rica Sauve

Today's post is about Diabetes Bloopers. As some of you may know, my life is a never ending blooper. ( See also, Rambo , Revenge of Rambo, and Criminal Activities or just keep up with my blog :] )  This one, however, was mostly in my head, and more to do with puppy-love than diabetes, but none the less, still hilarious!

 My first semester of college, I was car-less and in desperate need of a fan to cool down my room at night.  So me and my roommates called up two of our guy friends with cars to drive us to Wal-Mart.   One of these guys (the one I may or may not have had a tinsy/huge crush on) was taking the Diabetes and Heart Disease class our school offered and knew I had diabetes.  Out of nowhere, he says, "Ryanne, guess what I learned today."  Imagine all the possibilities that ran through my head.... "Ryanne, I love you."  "Ryanne, my love for you is like the burning passion of a thousand suns." "You eye's put the Georgia Stars to shame tonight" (Okay so I might have stolen all of those from a Taylor Swift Song.) I was pretty sure I was about be proposed to within the next two seconds, forgetting I had diabetes and He might what to tell me about that. And, being the women of mystery and level head that I am, I said coolly and and uninterested as my love sick brain could muster "yeah, what?"  I am sure this sounded a lot more like  "YES, I will hang on your every word!?!" (Sometimes, they call me Rica Suave.)
I nearly closed my eyes waiting, finally, for his confession of undying love for me.
"YOU COULD HAVE HUGE BABIES!"
What?! Must have been the look on my face.
"Yeah, like a 19 pounder!" He specified.
"DUDE, You can't say that to a girl!" Said the other friend between chuckles.

A little bit stunned, and confused was I,  but nonetheless, everyone in the car (myself included) started laughing hysterically!  Especially me and my roommates, who knew exactly what I had imagined/wished he would say to me.  Needless to say it became quite the joke between all of us!

Sometimes, Diabetes makes for great conversation pieces and jokes between friends!

That is all :)


This Post and all posts this week are part of D-Blog Week.  To see other D-blogs, or to participate, head on over to Bitter~Sweet by Karen for the deets!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Ryanne. I love your stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. Goodness. That is a blooper (on his part) for sure!!

    ReplyDelete