Today was a hard day.
There is a billion things biding for my attention
School is kicking my hind-end.
Amid the sea of assignments I forgot or didn't know about, on top of the mountain of stuff I knew I had to do, I figured out that this is what they were talking about in D&C 122:7 when they described "the very jaws of hell [that] shall gape open the mouth wide after thee."
Yeah. I went there...Nursing school= Hell.
At least that's how it feels on top of the grief process I am working through.
But Let's continue reading shall we....
7"...know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good.
Art thou greater than he?"
The answer is no, by the way.
I am not greater than He.
He who has already shouldered every torment, from making up care plans to every last ache of a mourning soul. He willingly did it to know exactly how it would feel, to feel like I do. To have a perfect knowledge of my unique struggles. And most of all to overcome them, so he could wrap me up tight in his arms and say,
"I can show you how. I know. I love you."
![]() |
| Reflections of Christ |
I may not be greater than He, but He can make me a greater ME.
Isn't that what this is all for anyway?

Thank you for your post! I needed it today! Much love and praying for comfort for you and your sisters!
ReplyDeleteRyanne, I don't know you--other than through your blog. I have been so grateful for the tender mercies of the Lord in your life (especially the hard-to-understand-at-the-time process you went through as you were making decision regarding the possibility of serving a mission, where to attend school, etc.). I KNOW that the Lord is there to help you, and support you--and that He loves you so much! Keep pushing on!
ReplyDeleteRyanne, I came here in a roundabout way - a friend who is Morman was recommending a different blog to one of her friends who is also Mormon, I saw it, I clicked, I liked what I read, I checked out some more, I found his repost of your testimony, and it moved me. You are a lovely, brave, strong, smart, FABULOUS young woman. I wanted you to know that there are strangers out here thinking that about you. Maybe you do already know it. But just in case. If I could hug you and your sisters, I would. My daughter is just about your age, so it all really hits home, how young you are, and how amazing. God bless you, now and always.
ReplyDelete