ANOTHER AWESOME IDEA:
I just submitted my vlog to the You Can Do This Project.
(I was dumb and didn't realize that the uploading was actually supposed to start JUNE 15th, but whatever, I got it done right?)
(I was dumb and didn't realize that the uploading was actually supposed to start JUNE 15th, but whatever, I got it done right?)
You Can Do This is a YouTube Campaign started by Kim over at Texting My Pancreas
Here is the link to all the information on that: http://www.textingmypancreas.com/p/you-can-do-this-project.html
This is such a wonderful idea, and an awesome way to reach out to diabetics (like me!) who need a little help and encouragement (like me!)
Here is the video I submitted. It's my very first time vlogging, and it was somewhat hard for me to say, and I know it's a bit painful to watch (of course I started crying, classic Ryanne.) but I hope you can listen and start to think you can too :)
That is all.
Ryanne, this is just beautiful. (And you had me crying, too!) You hit it out of the park. Thank you for participating!
ReplyDeleteRyanne, This is the BEST “I can do this” video I have seen. It was REAL and it was HEARTFELT. As a Diabetic, you do have a much tougher hill to climb than most, but you are right… you have Diabetes because YOU are STRONG… you are TOUGHER than Diabetes… and YOU should be so PROUD of yourself! And you can be SUCCESSFUL and you can be HAPPY! XO- Tina (WIFE to Joe, dx’d age 15 and MOM to Sebastian, dx’d age 4)
ReplyDeleteGreat video, Ryanne! Thank you SO much for sharing! You had me in tears too, but you are right.. We are tougher than Diabetes and WE CAN DO THIS! :) My A1c has been in the 10s before, and the best A1c I've ever had was a 6.7. I'm hovering around 7.5 right now, but I'm trying! We can do this!
ReplyDelete:)
Lauren
Thank you for the inspiring, heartfelt words! Diabetes is a tough job, one that's shouldered by many strong people who don't always realize how amazing they are ... like you.
ReplyDeleteGreat job dude!
ReplyDeleteMajor props for sharing what your A1C is. I always feel like it is a test, (a high A1c is fail of course) and I always hide my grade because it is never good enough.
Ryanne, What a great post. You are definitely not alone in this and you can definitely do it.
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed your video. I have the same thoughts about becoming a mom. Diabetes is SO demanding.
ReplyDeleteRyanne... i'm so glad you've done this and I'm sad to say i'm still getting the courage but YOU helped me. YOU CAN DO THIS. I'm a type 1, who has struggled to and not that this will remove any fear you have. I'm still carrying out first child. I am type 1 and got pregnant and am baking a baby. YOU CAN DO THIS TOO!!! if Diabetes has taught me anything, it's to try and try harder. You are so right. diabetes is tough but diabetics are tougher!!!:) Great GREAT GREAT job!!!
ReplyDeleteYour post is SO on point. I love your courage and your heart, your truth and your strength. I love that you used the word "stalwart," and I think it's so true. I love the way your voice got stronger, as if you were talking back to diabetes. Take THAT, D! Know that there are more of us and we're stronger than you are, stupid disease! I've been where you are, with the higher a1c and the fears. The fears probably never go away completely, but having support and the DOC sure does help put them in their rightful place--somewhere small and battened down. We're here together, doing it with you. Thank you for sharing your story.
ReplyDeleteRyanne, you are so awesome to share with all of us. I started crying during my video, too. You're so right when you say that diabetes is tough but diabetics are tougher. When you're feeling alone, watch the other videos and know we're all here with you! YOU CAN DO THIS, TOO!!!
ReplyDelete