Now I know this a topic from a couple days ago, but I have been mean to write about/get this off my chest for some time now...hahaha Anyway, Martin from Diabetically Speaking suggested a topic for today's posts: When has diabetes got you in the door, VIP treatment, etc.?
Well, in high school, I waited until my very last year to the required PE class. (Bad Choice on my part) I took
the easiest one I could : Fitness Fun and Games (ie. Dodgeball or Tag all year.)
![]() |
| Those were our PE uniforms... |
BUT, this class still required us to run the mile every once and a while....can you see where I am going with this?
So one day, (or everyday) me and my friend Jennifer, were NOT feeling running a mile would be something we particularly wanted to participate in. So....and i am a bit ashamed to admit this....but it is still funny....I put on my best Low blood sugar look, and me and Jennifer went up to the teacher to inform her about my "low." Well my teacher was a very nice lady, and every time I had been low before, she got a panicked look on her face and let me do whatever I needed to get my blood sugar up (Which by the way, was so great, I realyl am grateful for her!) This time was no different...except that I also extended my diabetic VIP pass to my friend as well by asking if she could accompany me to the locker room in case I "fainted." Worked like a charm! We went into the locker room, got some thing to drink and waited for a bit so that when we walked out, the running would be over, and we had successfully dodged running the mile. :)
Don't think I am too horrible please? But at the time, Diabetes was quite the perk ;)
That is all.

That is outrageous, I didn't know you milked it that much haha
ReplyDelete