Thursday, June 16, 2011

Hypochondriac

So I think I have developed Alzheimer's.
The Diabetic Kind. 
You know the kind where you just forget you have diabetes at all even though it's been your "friend" for 10.5 years now. (Yes I am five and still include the "half" portion of the age/years after diagnosis)
*It is not to be confused with those times you just don't bolus because I don't to admit how much you ate or mistakenly think it will make diabetes go away. (Don't pretend like you haven't done it.)*
According to my hypochondriac brain, Symptoms include:
- Forgetting to bolus for the chicken BBQ wrap you had at lunch
-Occasionally forgetting you always have a machine attached to you by either:
    A) Forgetting to put it on after showers
    B) Forgetting it is on and jumping into a large body of water.
- Forgetting glucose tabs or monitors at home.

I am serious guys, I do this. ALL THE TIME.
Today I am especially frustrated with my DiaAlzheimers because I went to bed at a 105 and woke up at  107, so I was feeling pretty great!  Then I forgot to bolus for my lunch and my BS gets all Skilly-Whampus. (Skilly-whompus abverb: A technical term, probably used by your Grandmother, to describe when things get a little crazy or go askew)
So now after a huge correction bolus, here I am angry at myself as can be!
Has anyone else ever had problems with this? 
What did you do?
Do I need to do more puzzles or something to stimulate my brain?

That is all.....I think. I don't know, because I have problems remembering. You know, because of the Alz. 

No comments:

Post a Comment