Monday, May 9, 2011

D-Blog Week Kick Off!

 DBlogWeek2011Banner

         I just got into the DOC, and let me tell ya, it's been love at first read(s)!  I don't know how I survived without it these past ten years, I have learned so much and gained such a new perspective on everything diabetes. 
         I have not been in control of my disease in a long time, and the DOC has really given me the motivation and inspiration to get real about my diabetes and take care of myself.  All you type 1 D-bloggers out there have been nothing short angels sent straight from heaven to me.   You have shown me how so very good life under control can be. How you can have careers, and children, and get through college, and be a friend, a wife/husband, a boyfriend/girlfriend, be happy and have fun and live a fabulous life, all while trying your darn-est to fill in for your bum pancreas!. But, I have also learned that I will probably never, ever be under perfect control, but thats okay cause we can whine and moan about friggen diabetes together when numbers won't go down and the bolus just keeps going up!
          Thanks to you guys, I am taking control.  I am still working on it, but with examples like you, I can't see how I can go wrong? You are inspiring, and wonderful and a great blessing to this Diabetic, so keep fighting the good fight and blog on!

That is all :)

1 comment:

  1. This is actually why I know I will never leave this community. They inspire me to go on and fight what this disease is trying to do to me. I love the OC

    ReplyDelete