Friday, May 13, 2011

Thursday and Friday's Post : SMOOSHED

As many of you know, Blogger was on the Fritz yesterday (It even deleted my last post!) and I was unable to post for Thursdays topic which was Ten things I hate about Diabetes. This that post.  I decided to combine this with one of the WILDCARD topics, which was to step out of your blogging comfort zone and do something different. So without further adieu, I give you Taylor's Swift's recent hit Mean from the perspective of a Diabetic :)

 ( No meters were harmed in the making of this video, that is actually a camera case that I throw and knock my stapler off with. Also Big props to my roommates for putting up with me singing this a thousand times :] )
I Hope this isn't too unpleasant to watch, I personally think my awkwardness is hilarious, which isn't saying much because I always think I am hilarious, hahahaha.

Here is the lyrics:

You.Require needles and pumps and meters for beta cells turned against me.
You. Have brought my glucose down again, got me dazed and shaken.
You.With your highs and lows like a 'coaster, makin' my blood bi-polar.
You, Pickin on my pancreas.

You can bring me down, with just one single poke,
But Someday I know, oh yes I know

Chorus
Someday there'll be, a cure for Diabetes
You'll be an absentee disease
Someday, I'll be, Insulin pump free!
Cause all you've ever really been is mean
Diabetes why so mean?

You.
With your counting carbs, and the guessing games that you’re always playin’
You.
Makin me pause and think again, Did I forget to count that?
To the all docs I will talk and try to figure out how to best control you.
 They, They'll have to draw my blood again.

You could bring me down, if I don't get control
No I won't back down and I can't ever give up hope
 Someday I know, oh yes I know

Chorus

And I see it years from now when your gone, oh what an awful shame!
Blood checks and drama gone, no longer in my brain
I'll sit down and eat a big ole bowl of ice cream.
Grateful for the things you you taught me, but nonetheless, Relieved.

No bolus for me :)
 No bolus for me, or a meter, or injections, or anxiety.
 I'm free, I'm free, I'm free. I'm FREE!

Chorus X2

Also for today's post:

The coolest thing I have been able to do thus far with my diabetes is become part of the DOC and D-Blog week, I am so sad it is almost over :(  Yesterday I was freaking out cause I couldn't post or read the blogs I follow. Literally beside myself. Just ask my poor roommate! hahaha

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOU! YOU SERIOUSLY ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool!!!! I loved this!! Your voice is also beautiful :) So creative!!! I love the DOC too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Taylor Swift song! So fun to put a diabetes spin on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job!!!! You are gorgeous and have such a pretty singing voice. And I love love love your lyrics! Impressive!

    ReplyDelete