The Day I conquered my fear of horses.
![]() |
| This is me in the vicinity of a Horse. |
![]() |
| You can't tell but that's me riding a horse! |
For the day of birth celebration for Alex, our friend Thomas took us to his Uncles to Ride horse.
Going there, I had already decided, there would be no horse riding for Ryanne.
Horses are just so big and scary and un-predicable! Yeah, there was no way.
Somehow I got tricked into holding one of the ropes that had a horse on the end of it. For a long time I stayed a comfortable distance away from it while they saddled every one of those monsters up.
But, you know, horses are furry so I meandered over a little and touched said monster, and kinda softly stroked the beastly thing.
NBD.
Still not going to ride the death-bringer.
So then Ashley and Alex and Thomas jump up and start riding aways and I had promised to be the photographer. (Which by the way I think I did a pretty good job of)
And Thomas's uncle kept asking me if I wanted to ride one.
Nope. Nope. No thats ok.
I must have said it a couple times, but he was a persistant little bugger and if he was kind enough to let us come over and bug him on a Saturday, I suppose I would have be willing to risk my life and even die for his kindness (thats just the kind of person I am.)
So I got on while Thomas lead the horse.
It was REALLY high.
However, the monster wasn't going crazy yet, so I griped the reins with white knuckles waiting for my demise. We trotted around for quite a while and I was still among the living, which was a lot longer then I had figured I was going to survive on this mammal of destruction.
Then Thomas's uncle took control of my horse. and casually as we walked....
HE LET GO!
I was riding the thing by myself!
Surely, now I will die. This was it. I was preparing to be judged and watch the Heaven Highlight Reel (term coined by Logan Jones) and see myself being bucked off of this wild animal!
Long story short. I didn't die, and I actually enjoyed myself.
And now, I am not so scared to ride a horse. Even if they are the animals of death.
That is all.
Going there, I had already decided, there would be no horse riding for Ryanne.
Horses are just so big and scary and un-predicable! Yeah, there was no way.
Somehow I got tricked into holding one of the ropes that had a horse on the end of it. For a long time I stayed a comfortable distance away from it while they saddled every one of those monsters up.
But, you know, horses are furry so I meandered over a little and touched said monster, and kinda softly stroked the beastly thing.
NBD.
Still not going to ride the death-bringer.
So then Ashley and Alex and Thomas jump up and start riding aways and I had promised to be the photographer. (Which by the way I think I did a pretty good job of)
And Thomas's uncle kept asking me if I wanted to ride one.
Nope. Nope. No thats ok.
I must have said it a couple times, but he was a persistant little bugger and if he was kind enough to let us come over and bug him on a Saturday, I suppose I would have be willing to risk my life and even die for his kindness (thats just the kind of person I am.)
So I got on while Thomas lead the horse.
It was REALLY high.
However, the monster wasn't going crazy yet, so I griped the reins with white knuckles waiting for my demise. We trotted around for quite a while and I was still among the living, which was a lot longer then I had figured I was going to survive on this mammal of destruction.
Then Thomas's uncle took control of my horse. and casually as we walked....
HE LET GO!
I was riding the thing by myself!
Surely, now I will die. This was it. I was preparing to be judged and watch the Heaven Highlight Reel (term coined by Logan Jones) and see myself being bucked off of this wild animal!
Long story short. I didn't die, and I actually enjoyed myself.
And now, I am not so scared to ride a horse. Even if they are the animals of death.
That is all.


I was so proud of you this day!
ReplyDelete