I am going to hate myself when I wake up at 5:30 (or more often then not wake up at 5:30 and press snooze until 6 :) but I have this strange compulsion just to write. About everything and nothing all at once. I kind of don't know where to start... maybe an update on my life right now?
Well I just worked a 9 day work week (yes I know a week has 7 days, but mine definitely had 9 days this week) so needless to say I am EXHAUSTED and today, on my day off, when I should have been doing all sorts of things, I stayed in bed until 11 (although this had a lot to do with the guy who was here to install our furnace today. I decided to wait and sleep in a little bit until he left, but I had no idea how long it took to install a new furnace. But eventually I was starving enough to wait till he was not looking and run upstairs for some chocolate cheerios. hahaha) Anyhow, now that I have accomplished hardly anything today I feel pretty gross. It amazing to me how I can dread doing things so much, but when I sit around being lazy I just feel all kinds of awful about myself. Clearly I need to work harder. However I did get a little studying in today for my CERTIFICATION EXAM THAT IS ON MONDAY!!!! I am very nervous. And I don't want to do it, but I gots-ta.
I am also feeling a bit guilty because my work is paying for my test....and I am putting my two weeks in in a couple of days. I really really really really really don't want to quit. And I don't particularly want to go back to school....and if it weren't for some people I would miss very very very much, I would be even more tempted to stay with all my residents. I feel like I have really found my niche here, and it's going to be a very sad day when I leave :( But I guess I am going back to school so that I can do this thing for the rest of my life...just make a little more money doing it. I just love the way this job makes me feel like I am actually doing something worthwhile, not just checking peoples groceries or calling people during their dinner time to conduct surveys even I wouldn't want to take. Not that these things are bad, someones got to do them (though I think we could do without companies like Bernett Research) I just didn't feel like any of that was important for anyone else but me. ( and it was only important because I needed the cash flow.) This experience has just been different, and fulfilling. I can't wait to start again.
That is all.
No comments:
Post a Comment