Sunday, March 20, 2011

Lesson learned this week.

So I think we are all caught up here with my old blog. We are successfully merged!
Also, we apparently developed a split personality in the process ;)

Any who,  Here are some things I learned this week....
Number 1
Sooooooo.....I lost the key I use at work to open the residents cubbies and get their tooth brushes.
It's was getting real old having to ask for the keys from my co-workers. 
And I looked everywhere for it! 
I guess that's what I get for hooking the key to my badge with a bent paper clip because I was too lazy to mess with a key ring.
THEN
 The other day on my break I was sitting in the car, eatin lunch and listening to the radio as I often do for a 
half-hour 5 days a week.  
And in an effort to control my Diabetes better and being inspired by some of those in the DOC 
(that's Diabetic Online Community for all us newbies)
 I pulled out my neglected backpack meter to test my BS 
(I know what you non-diabetics are thinking but that stands for blood sugar....not bull excrement. Immature joke quota for the day has been filled.) 
I am ashamed to say I have not been very consistent with my lunch break testing.  

What did I find when I dusted off that old meter and peaked inside?

MY KEY! 
I did a happy dance and just about pee'd my pants!

That will teach me to not test before I eat my lunch.

It looks simple enough....
Number 2

It became clearer today at church that I will not be able survive much long not going to church every week.
With work I am only able to go about 2 times a month.
Going in I didn't think it would be so hard on me, and that I could keep my spirit-o-meter up by just reading the lessons and scriptures. (Which by the way I haven't been so good at recently.) 
It's definitely humbling to be re-immersed in the Spirit after what feels like a drought, and to realize you need to be here every week more then you thought before.


That is all

No comments:

Post a Comment