*For Starters*
Here is a good article about a pretty accomplished young man with diabetes.
I know he's a Jonas Brother, but I still think he is pretty awesome.
You can read all about his diabetes HERE.
A lot of the things he says I can relate to, especially about how people are kind of uneducated about diabetes. But that's what I am here for :)
*********
*My Wrist Never Looked so Good...or Alert!*
Us Diabetics. You wouldn't know we had diabetes tell just by look at us could ya?
(Well in most cases, even if you have the pump, some people still don't know. Most people seem to think my pump is a pager. LIKE ANYONE USES THOSE ANYMORE!)
That's why, if anything happens we are supposed to wear those medical ID bracelets.
And I tell you what. I hate those things.
I have had several as a child but they never lasted long.
They always broke or somehow disappeared.
Lucky right?
And while I have never had a problem where some one needed to know I was diabetic and I couldn't tell them, After my recent car accident (you can find that HERE)
I decided it might be time to start looking into that again :)
So I procrastinated a while.
and looked around a bit and WAHLAH!!!! I found this beauty :)
Stylish AND Practical right?
Mine says "Diabetes T1" (that type 1 in case you were-a-wonderin) on the front and has my name engraved in the back.
It came from Stickyj.com
The Sticky Jewelery Company!
And so far, I haven't wanted to rip it off my wrist AND it looks good with most if not all of my clothes :)
They have a great selection too, and its not just for Diabetes!
There are also a lot of other cites too, that make good Med ID jewelery.
like fifty50.com.
The point is, there is really no excuse NOT to have a med ID bracelet.
So start lookin!

No comments:
Post a Comment