Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Attitude de Gratitude

This Thanksgiving I am grateful for a lot of things, like:

My Family






Insulin Pumps/ Modern Diabetic Care
(This is exactly what my tummy looks like)



Good Friends
(Not all are Pictured :])
And This....

This may seem like a strange thing to be thankful for, but let me tell you about it.

Sunday, me and Ashley were on our way to Billings, Montana to visit our family for Thanksgiving.
The Night before we had been through some HORENDOUS weather and were stuck in Bozeman.
 That morning we got up and all was sunny and wonderful, and we could actually go the speed limit.
We go most of the way without incident, but about a half hour from my Grandmas, we hit a patch of ice, going a little too fast.  I over corrected, we turned completely around and went off the road and started to roll.  I closed my eyes once I knew we were going over.  
We rolled only once as far as I know, and landed on right side up.
The roof had caved right in between me and Ashley and filled up with snow.
I couldn't see her and as I opened my eyes I saw a chuck of land and for a second, I thought it was Ashley's head through the windshield. 
But she was ok, we were both fine, and were able to open the door and walk out with only a bloody knuckle each. 

It was a miracle. 

God was definitely watching out for us.

Months before, when we were looking for a car for me, we searched for a long time.
There was lots of cars we found for a good price, but never any my dad felt good enough about.
Until we saw Monte and my dad said this is the one.
It was for this reason I think. Monte saved our lives.
It was no coincidence that the roof folded, right between Ashley and I.

It was no coincidence the when the passenger side hit the ground as we rolled, Ashley's side filled up with snow, shielding her from the broken glass and cushioning her from the blow.
I remember thinking when we landed, "That didn't hurt like it should."

God is aware of us.  He will send angels to protect us.  
He did it for Ashley and I, he will do it for you.

I am thankful to be a child of God.
I am thankful for for His love, and for the gospel.
Without it I would be lost. 

He loves me, and that's all I could ever need.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all, We have so much to be thankful for!

That is all. :)







No comments:

Post a Comment