Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Match Maker, Match Maker Make Me a Match!

Uh, is it Spring or what?!
No I am not talking about the weather, ,ause it snowed yesterday, and that not what I am getting at anyway. (Complaining about snow quota for the day : filled)
IS it just me or is everyone getting in a relationship or engaged?
The answer is yes!
Never fear though, my twenty-year streak is still going strong :)

And after some recent conversations with Alex and my mom, I have become a believer in arranged marriages :)
Courtesy of Google Images

I know what you are thinking...Ryanne! Don't be so silly, thats just archaic! You would HATE it!  
However, I think you would be surprised at the many benefits of arranged marriage.
SO, I have arranged a list (surprised?)  of the Pros and Cons of being betrothed.

Lets Start with the negative shall we?

1.  Okay so you might not LOVE them right away. ( However, I am a believer that you can and should love everyone)
2.  Risk of incompatibility...but isn't that risk in any relationship?


And the Benefits!

1.  In most cases you come from the same social/economic/religious background.  That's something in common already!
2.  You don't have to deal with dating! I'm sold already :)
3.  You learn to love each other by working through the challenges of Marriage together, just like in traditional marriage!
4.  You will most likely already be close to the in-law and he you yours because both You parents set the whole thing up!
5.  No expectations, because well, you didn't date, so you don't know what they are like on their best dating behavior and you won't be disappointed when your partner doesn't live up to the "dating standards" they once held.
6.  It's very financially beneficial.  Thats one of the main factors in arranging a marriage, so if you get paired with someone who is well off,  there is less likely going to be fights about finances....which is the leading cause of divorce....just saying.
7.  I dunno about you guys, but my parents have a lot more experience then me....so why not let them figure it out! Because lets face it, a lot of people (myself included) are relationship challenged...
8. In most cases, the parents will pair their children with their best interests in mind, and not just financially.  they will try to pick someone you could be happy with!

This all sounds EXCELLENT to me.


In Conclusion, as I have SO expertly displayed, arranged marriage are the way to go!!!
So Mom and Dad, get arranging!  While I am still in my childbearing years ( I will give him eight strong sons!)
I know Mom will go for this, she has my husband picked out already ;)


That is all :)

3 comments:

  1. Here, here I agree. Why waste time with dating and all of the other nonsense?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha you know I think it would be pretty funny and maybe even beneficial if you have an arranged marriage. I mean it is archaic, but to each his own right? Also I loved the fiddler on the roof clip. I heart that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, so I know you posted this a while ago, but I just found out one of the ladies whose kids come to the daycare I work at had an arranged marriage. Her husband tells her that she cannot complain while at home or around him, so she says "I pretty much can't talk at all"... just be careful when your parents set you up ;)

    ReplyDelete