Sunday, April 3, 2011

Health Activists Month 30 Day Challenge

Okay.  So I am not a health activist really.  I just write a blog about my life, and that includes my Diabetes.
ANNNND I know I completely failed my last 30 day challenge......embarrassing.
 I would like to try again if you don't mind.
You see, I have been trying to think of posting ideas about my diabetes, and it's kind of hard seeing as how most of my "readers/followers" aren't diabetics.
So this should fix that up realllll quick.
I am starting a day or two late but I hope to catch up soon

DAY 1: Write an Acrostic Poem about....Diabetes.
To those of us new to diabetes I will give you a little background knowledge.  The pancreas in our bodies are made up of different groups of cells.  The Beta cells (or the cells formerly known as Islets of Langerhans) produce insulin.  In the case of type 1 diabetes (That's me!,) the immune system attacks (for what reason we are not real sure) the Beta cells of the pancreas.
No Beta cells= No insulin=No bueno=Type 1 Diabetes and a bum pancreas.

So without further adieu, I give you DIABETES!
(Like the poem title, not the disease. It's not even contagious anyway. Cool your jets man.)

DANG YOU!
Islets of Langerhans!
AKA
BETA CELLS OF MY PANCREAS!
Each and Everyone of you
Traitors! Leaving me to get my own insulin elsewhere.
Enfeeble cells you are, did you really think it would stop me?!
So far...IT HASN'T  :)
*snaps*

WHEW!  Doesn't that just SCREAM poetry slam entry?! Although I doubt that it would have the same effect  if I just shouted it.  Could you imagine someone standing in front of a microphone just a-hollering at their islets of Langerhans ?  I think this is one best left on the paper. hahaha!

That is all.

Google Images
PS. Just so we are clear.
Everyone hates you. You good for nothing, lazy Langerhans, pancreas you.
See? 

1 comment:

  1. I really, REALLY want you to shout this poem to me. I would thoroughly enjoy that. Also you should do it at the poetry thing they do in the MC.

    ReplyDelete