SO my name is Ryanne, spelled all cutesy but pronounced "Ryan."
Being named Ryan(ne) can be very interesting, so I have chronicled some name related event and occurances that come with have a name such as this!
First of all is mispronunciation, Frequent mispronunciation.
I have been called:
Rainy
Erin
RYEanne
RAYanne
Riley
And many other names loosely based on my actual name.
In fact a teacher I had called me RYEanne for years.
Until about me senior year when she started calling me Rye :)
Rarely does anyone get my name right the first time and when I correct them it often leads questions of it's origin...
Top 5 Statements and Question When People discover my unique name:
1. Isn't that a boys name?
2. Oh, did your parents want a boy?
( This one is more frequent in montana)
3. Where did they get that name from?
4. That's a cute way to spell it!
5. You must be Irish!
(Ok so the last one has only happened once but it was kinda funny)
Here's how it really happened:
My name came from a soap opera called Ryan's Hope
It's about a little girl named Ryan.
My parents don't watch soap opera's and I am not sure how they came up with the spelling.
Funny enough, my parent don't really know either.
FUN FACT: My little sisters names are Sydney and Melissa.
Apparently my parents settled down after me :)
Fun Stories
My Freshman year my eccentric Biology teacher was calling roll the first day of class. He called RAYanne and I was ready and equipt to correct him.
"It's 'Ryan'" I said
"RYAN?! That's boys name!"
"Yeah, I know."
Story of my life. haha
----
One day my friend Loni came to my house after school.
She called her older sister to tell her where she was.
"I am at Ryanne's house." she tells her sister
"RYAN?! You are at a BOYS house! I wasn't allowed to be at a boys house until I was 16!"
"Ryanne is a girl Stella."
"Oh."
-----
My friend David once told me he always spelled Ryan the way I spelled my name, even for boys.
I have that affect on people :)
----
I make it sound like I hate my name. it is in fact the opposite!
When I was about 8ish I loved to read Nancy Drew books, and one of the characters names was George, who was also a girl.
In one of the books someone was commenting on how unique George's name was.
I remember thinking, "I wish I had a unique name!"
One second later it hits me...BAM!
My name is unique!
And I love all the crazy things that happen to a girl Ryanne :)
BONUS!
It's even better being named Ryanne May
People confuse me for a hillbilly sometimes and always ask
"Ryanne Mae what's your last name?"
It's the best!
And when I get married, I will make May my middle name:)
BONUS BONUS!
Nicknames I have had over the years:
1. Rye Rye
2.Rye Bread
3. Rhyno
4. Rye-di-Rye
5. Tippi
6. RC
7. Tank :)
This may not be interesting to anyone else but like I said before...I don't care :)
I love your name! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteHahahahahahahaha I JUST LOVE TO READ YOUR POSTS!!!!!!!!!! My Ryanne dear, please keep posting! Love you Tank!
ReplyDelete