Thursday, March 25, 2010

The things that entertain...

The other night while staying up way to late to watch Mulan, one of the best Disney movies EVER, and I realized me and Mulan, we are a lot alike.
"Why I am similar to Mulan"
1. We both are clumsy
2. We both prefer short hair
3. Neither of us are very dainty.
4. We both like to have rice for lunch...or dinner...or breakfast 
5. The "match maker" is apparently unable to find either of us a match
6. We both find Shang attractive
(Common, don't pretend like you don't either.)

 The only thing I guess we are not very similar in is our courage.
But I am working on it.
Infact, the other day, I conquer a fear of mine.
{I rode on a motorcycle.}

------
In other news I have been reading these AMAZING books.
They are called The Great and The Terrible Series.
It's essentially a fiction novel about the Plan of Salvation spanning from the pre-mortal life to the second coming.
I am currently on the fourth book.  
the last one had me BAWLING.
[imagine that. me crying over a book. hahaha]
And Dare I say it....
(it's better then twilight)
Sinner, I know.
But seriously, even though it is fiction, the themes and ideas in the story are fantastic and really make you think.
It also really opened my eyes to how Satan tries to lie and deceive us everyday.
It makes me want to prepare.
It makes me want to be more valiant.  
It makes me yearn to see my Heavenly Father again.
It makes me appreciate my freedom not just here in America but in my agency.
it makes me want to serve.

As you can see, super fantastic right?


Also I think you guys are probably really impressed by my utter lack of transitions between topics :)

PS. I LOVE MANGOS
That is all.

3 comments:

  1. Love the Great and Terrible! You can thank me, I got grandma started! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you so much and think you are just wonderful!! my mother in law has been trying to get us to read those books...I just might have too now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These books sound like the new Work and the Glory of our time :) I shall have to give them a shot!

    ReplyDelete