Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Grocery Line Etiquette

I know I am a bit grocery store obsessed as of late, but Grocery is for now my life. So here are some little tips and tricks to optimize your grocery experience and MINE!
1. Don't talk on your cell phone when you are checking out. So so so so so so so so RUDE! I will wait for people to quit talking before I start scanning.  That will make the checker hate you, you hate the checker( even though it is your fault.) and the people behind you will REALLY hate you.
2.  Checkers are not bankers. Don't write your check for like a hundred dollars over  or ask me to give you twenty ones.  Go to a bank whenever possible.  You make our lives hard!
3.  Don't yell or whine at checkers about the price of items in the store or about not having certain items in stock. We are just checkers, we can't do anything about it!
4. If something doesn't scan right away, don't try to be funny and say " It must be free the hehe."  We've heard that 27 time already today. Wasn't funny before you.
5. Do use the checkers name, they like that :)
6. Try to write your checks out as much as you can before you get to the check stand, and don't take hours to write the amount in your register.
7. NEVER. EVER. NEVER. Set your money down on the belt.  It could get sucked under and we can't do anythign about it.
8. Don't be frowny and rude when we ask how you are today.
9.When we ask if "you want paper or plastic?"  Don't act like it is a life changing decision.
10.  Cut out your coupons. I think we all know why.
11. Put the bar between your groceries and other peoples.  I don't know who bought what. Interestingly enough it's mostly men who do this. Not sexist, just an observation.
12. If you are waiting and there are a bunch of groceries still on the counter, help put them in the cart please.


That is All :)

2 comments:

  1. I will take these into account :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Say it Sista .... I agree with all of the above and it's nice to hear it from a professional! Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete