Tuesday, March 16, 2010

News From the Underground:

The Quilt is coming together!  I now have ALL my blocks sewn and even a couple rows sewn together!
I spend ALL last Sunday sewing AND Domestic BONUS: I even made banana bread. All in the same day. 
This. Is. Big. For. Me.

And I must have been in the the spirit of homemaking because that night I tried to sign-up for a Practical Homemaking course for next semester.  Thank goodness it didn't fit into my schedule! I might have become a Martha Stewart Clone! Yikes ;)

Speaking of next semester, I am pretty happy with my schedule, and I better be because I stayed up til THREE FREAKIN' O'CLOCK IN THE AM! I have several classes with friends, and I got all but one of the classes I wanted except for the elusive American Epidemics. Dang.
 
I can't wait for next smester.  Right now I only fratenize with family, which, don't get me wrong is really great, however. I REALLY REALLY REALLY miss my roomates and my favorite honorary girls Logan and Eric :)
I have no real social life outside of family stuff, and I am a tinsie bit afriad that when I get to school I won't know how to have friends!  What if I get even MORE social awkward then before?! 
Hey, it's a legit concern :)

I started being more diligent about reading my scriptures at night, and the other night I found this scripture in Alma 37 that was really cool.  
In this chapter Alma is giving his son Helamen some words of wisdom. He begins to descibe the story of Lehi's family and the Liahona. Here are the scriptures:
40 And it did work for them according to their faith in God; therefore, if they had faith to believe that God could cause that those spindles should point the way they should go, behold, it was done; therefore they had this miracle, and also many other miracles wrought by the power of God, day by day. 
 ------
 43 And now, my son, I would that ye should understand that these things are not without a shadow; for as our fathers were slothful to give heed to this compass (now these things were temporal) they did not prosper; even so it is with things which are spiritual.
  44 For behold, it is as easy to give heed to the word of Christ, which will point to you a straight course to eternal bliss, as it was for our fathers to give heed to this compass, which would point unto them a straight course to the promised land.
  45 And now I say, is there not a type in this thing? For just as surely as this director did bring our fathers, by following its course, to the promised land, shall the words of Christ, if we follow their course, carry us beyond this vale of sorrow into a far better land of promise. 
 
Whoa.
Doesn't get much better then that.
It's easy to follow the words of Christ.  And if we do we will prosper.
Simple. And that's why I love the gospel :)

that is all.
 

2 comments:

  1. Have you ever put chocolate chips in your bananna bread? Its AMAZING....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the domestic stuff ;) I loved that scripture! I don't think i have quite seen it like that before. It is amazing what you can learn from others. I miss you like crazy and can't wait for school!

    ReplyDelete