2. Prepare for the cheesiest of cheese coming at you in the this post. As if it was cheesy enough to do a "year in review" thing, I just cried for 2.5 hours straight watching Les Miserables, so I am extra sensitive and emotional right now. (SO GOOD.) So, you are going to get a whole lot of sappy junk below.
My Tender Mercies of 2012:
- Probably my biggest accomplishment this year, (besides the nine fruit combo on fruit ninja,) was getting into Nursing school. My whole life I had been working toward toward that goal, and it felt good to finally see the fruit of my efforts thus far. AND I only have 3 more semesters until I become an official RN!
- Oh, and I graduated from my beloved BYU-Idaho. I am so thankful for all my time there! I owe a lot of my growth as a person to that place and all the people and experiences I had while attending.
- I got to live in Montana for the better part of the year with my family. Being so far from them for the better part of growing up, it was nice to spend so much time with them and get to know them all better. I love my family!
- I got to be there for the birth of that little sweetie Gemma Janae Grill and our sweet angel McKinely Allene Kuchin. I thank Heavenly Father that they are part of our family FOREVER!
- I made so many great friends in Billings over all the times I live there. You know who you are. Thank you for letting me be your friend and spending so much time with me. I will forever look fondly on my time in Billings:) Remember, there are no goodbyes in the gospel of Jesus Christ, just see-you-laters! : )
- Scholarships and financial aid that is making it possible for me to go to school.
- A safe trip home from Montana.
- I got to come home for Christmas to Oregon! I haven't been home since last year.
- Being with my family.
- Supportive parents
- Ashley got married in April! She was so beautiful and I am so happy for her and Patrick!!!
- She had a pretty big year as well, because she also celebrated 1 year as a TBI Survivor!
- The Scriptures. Specifically the Book of Mormon which have given me a lot of direction this year when the was a lot of unknowns about my future.
- McKell, my dearest girl, got her mission call to Indiana, and I am really jealous of them because they get to spend 18 whole months with her! But I got to see her for (hopefully) the 2nd to last time before she leaves :)
- My Best Friend Alex. Still my very best friend, even if we can't be in the same state all the time. She always knows what to say and when to call me. I am so lucky to have met her.
- A Loving Heavenly Father who knows WAY better then I do, what is best for me. I still struggle to understand the ways He guides my life in my own limited view, but I know he does and that He loves me.
Dating a great guy who changed my perspective on myself and dating in general. Thanks John :)
Happy New Year! May tender mercies abound in your 2013, I know they will if you look for them :)
I just love everything you write I just love you!
ReplyDelete