Sunday, May 27, 2012

Social Dancing...or not.

 We are proud to Present:
Awkward Social Interactions, By Bryanne. 

          This semester, Bryanne decided to take a social dance class.  Being that Bryanne has poor luck in social situations involving men, we are all baffled as to why, but, moving along.
         Bryanne has had a good time in this class so far, and embarrassment has been kept to a minimum. Then, one day, a hansome lad she is dancing with tells her she looks nice, and the next day asks to cut in while she practices with another boy, and just generally is a hansome boy all around the town.  Suddenly, coherent speech and wittiness are not concepts our poor Bryanne can grasp.
         She waits all day for dance. She must choose a partner, and decides to be brave and ask the dear fellow. He is kneeling down, tying his shoe for what seems like forever, as Bryanne stand in front of him waiting... As he stands up she awkwardly says " HEY *****!!!!!!" (Names where edited to protect the innocent) as cool-y and indifferent as the poor soul could muster.
         "Hey Ryanne...Bryanne. Sorry I forgot my shoes that were better for dancing, I look like I am going hiking in these ones."
          It's time for Bryanne to respond so she says:  "Well, those shoes would probably be great if we were dancing in the dirt!"
          Confused, the man looks at Bryanne and says "Huh? What did you say? If we were dancing where?"
          "uh...I said dirt," mumbles the teller of the lame joke.
          'Oh...haha... yeah, I guess," muttered the fellow, pitying her poor wit.

Mercifully, the instructor began  the waltz and weirdness only had to be endured a small moment, as the time for the switching of partners commenced.

Until next dance class! That is all!

No comments:

Post a Comment