Monday, May 21, 2012

Reading the minutes from my most recent Pity Party.

              Today was my own personal pity party. Sorry you weren't invited, but if you ask Alex, (she is always forced to attend these events with me,)  it was barrel of laughs. (Also, I heart you Big Al.) Today was one of those days when everything just was in an emotional trash compactor and all my worries and unmet expectations are putting pressure on my easily overwhelmed mind and I hadn't slept much.  I thought about how I don't know what is happening in my life past August. I thought about how dating has been very sparse.  I thought about how much I really hate diabetes. I thought about how messy my room is. I thought about how much homework I had. I thought about my inadequacies.  

Then, I thought about how I have no reason to be sad at all.

I thought about how we have the scriptures to give us direction.

I thought about how I can always pray to Heavenly Father and he really does hear and answer me, even if the little things I want so bad are silly.

I thought about how I get to live with my very best friend, and how she can laugh at me when I can't get onto my lifted bed and make me feel better.

I thought about how I have fun hiking adventures planned for memorial weekend with my roommates!

I thought about how I can always do things to change.

I though about how I have a good job (IN REXBURG, ID no less,) and I love my co-workers.

I thought about how I am getting a great education (for CHEAP!)

I thought about how I have a washer and dryer in my apartment.

I thought about all the people that love me anyway.

I thought about how everything happens in the timing of the Lord, the most intelligent being there is!

I thought about my great taste in music :)

I thought about how great it was to see my friend Lauren get baptized this weekend!

I thought about this song and how hilarious it is: You're the Voice.

I thought mostly about how lots of things are not okay, but how I can still be happy because of all these things, but most of all because of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

"Nevertheless, I know in whom I have 
trusted." -2 Nephi 4:19


That is all.


1 comment:

  1. i love your blog, i have it in my rss reader and always like new things coming up from it.

    Click here for Diabetic testing supplies

    ReplyDelete