What a fantastic weekend!
The trip to Utah was a good one. My aunt Allie and Gramma are so funny! I am pretty sure I laughed the whole time. Here are some of the statements I chronicled on our Journey:
" I HATE fat straws!" -Allene
" I bought a Moonpie because I thought I liked them. I didn't."-Allene
"We are one of the wiener cars"- Gramma decribing our rental car
" I bet the cow is it's friend"- Gramma talking about a llama we saw in Idaho.
We were also able to get into Utah in time for my Grandpa May's viewing.
It was so wonderful to see all my family and all the people who knew and loved my Grandpa.
As I approached the casket, my cousin Karen came up to me and said "I am so glad you are here to cry with me!" Then we hugged and bawled and hugged some more!
Then the next day was the funeral, and thought it was hard to finally say good bye, it was such a beautiful service. Even more people came to the final viewing and the whole chapel was over flowing with friends and family. The whole middle section of the chapel was reserved for the children, grandchildren, and grandchildren. It was so neat to look back at his amazing legacy! All my aunts and uncles spoke or said prayers during the funeral. We all celebrated his good example. Kenneth May was a loving and hardworking man. He taught his famly to work through his masonry business (My Aunt Jewel arranged a wonderful bouqet with a trowel in it. it was perfect :) and loved the gospel with all his heart. Those who know him would be able to recognize his rich deep voice anywhere. We all look forward to hearing that voice again.
There were several beautiful Musical numbers that have now become special songs for our family.
"I Know that My Savior Loves Me" was sang by all the Granchildren and Great Grandchildren.
We were like our own primary :)
Then the Liddel family sang a BEAUTIFUL arrangment of "What Songs of the Heart"
There was a lot of crying ( the women in our family are criers, which explains a lot if you know me and my crying tendencies) but I was so proud to be part of the May family!
Then, at the cemetary, there was a 21 gun salute! My Grandpa was int he armed services for two years. it was very touching to see him honored that way. We were all so proud of him. There was not a dry eye in the place when they handed the folded flag my Grandma May.
He was such a wonderful man. All his children were married in the temple, and all his sons Served missions.
Many of his grandchildren also served missions and were marrie din the temple also.
He did not have many material posessions to leave his family, but he left so much more.
His life work can be seen in the beautiful brick buildings around Utah, but even more so in his family.
I am so lucky to be a May :)
The rest of the weekend was also really fun. I got to spend a lot of time with Kaitie and her new beau Adam at BYU. Kaitie took me to ENCORE, which was a performance by the BYU Ballroom Dance Company which was SO fun! I also got to to see John Bytheway at a fireside for Adam's sister's Stake. He gave a talk on hope that was awesome! He is such a wonderful speaker and super funny!
It was really hard to leave, it was such a great break from working and such, but in one day I head back to Idaho and I CANNOT WAIT! Although I am really really going to miss Billings, I can't believe how fast the time went!
That Is all :)
No comments:
Post a Comment