Early this morning my grandfather Kenneth May passed away. But before he went he mumbled something along the lines of
"My friend is here to take me home!"
"My friend is here to take me home!"
Jesus Christ was that friend. And He is risen to take us all home!
Last night while reading the story of Christ's Death and Resurrection, I had what I would think was a revelation of something I already knew. It just never hit me quite like this before.
Jesus Knows ME. Jesus LOVES ME! He know all my pains and temptations! He has felt every pinch of every shot I have ever had to give myself. He suffered the ultimately lonliness on the cross so that I would never have to feel alone in my diabetes or in any other aspect of my life! He has felt my hopelessness, and insecurities and every sorrow of every sin I have ever committed! He has felt the sadness for those left when a loved one passes away.
And he overcame it.
And more.
Because he suffered these things my weak heart can also overcome.
His strength and sacrifice suppliment my weakness and failings.
It Was For Me.
I am so grateful and baffled by such great love.
My gratitude is unquenchable, and my heart rejoices!
I wonder, what must it have been like, in the pre-mortal world to watch as our Big brother Jesus Christ suffered such great pain for the wretched souls we knew we would become.
How great must have been our joy, to watch him triumph!
How wonderful was it to know that he provided away for our fallen Spirits to return to HOME!
even if it had been only me who had needed saving, he would have sacrificed!
IT WAS FOR ME!!!
Here are some song that exemplify my feelings today!
He Walked a Mile in My Shoes
It Was For Me
And these scriptures too:
Mosiah Chapter 14
I came across this scripture in Luke 24:48.
"And ye are witnesses of these things."
This was said by Christ after he appeared to his disciples after his ressurection.
And it reminded me of the scripture quoted in the Young Women's theme, Mosiah 18:9
"To stand as a witness of Christ at all times and in all things and in all places."
I too am a witness of Him and his atonement.
Let me be a worthy witness, and be a path by which others may find the love of Christ.
Let me strive to better utilize his atonement, fro with out it I am lost and alone. Let me not add to the suffering of my dear brother in Gethemane.
Let me love as he did.
My Grandfather is a wonderful example of faith and righteousness.
He will be missed on the remainder of his families time on earth.
But it is a wonderful blessing that his death should fall on this day. For we are all reminded that because of Christ's loving sacrifice, he will live again! And We all will live again and see him, healthy aand strong.
I am impatient for that day when my grandfather, and my Friend, come to take me home :)
That Is All. Happy Easter!
I love you Ryanne!
ReplyDeleteI love you Ryanne May!
ReplyDelete