I got a Job.
At the St. John's Dementia unit.
This is day two and I think it's safe to say, I'm in love!
And how often does one get paid for such things?
The only thing I am not SO wild about is that I have to be there at 6:30. The AM version, not it the upgraded and significantly less early PM Version. This means I have to GET UP. BEFORE 6. Ask Ashley, she will tell you that to get my self up at this time is nothing short of a full-fledged, wine (or should I say wHine) into water kinda miracle.
But I suppose I will adjust. In all honestly I forget all about it when I get to Garden Court :) Cause, like I said I love my job :) Today I just walked around for a half-hour, holding the hand of a resident and she told me all about everything! Best half-hour I ever spent, I'll have you know! I already love everyone there more then I ever thought... and in only two days!

In other news, I started a food journal. (She said as she scarfed down yet another cookie.)
This is day four.
I've actually had it for a while, I just never used it. It's online and it's called myfitnesspal.com. I really like it because it not only counts calories, but other important stuff too like carbs, proteins, sugar, and fiber! It has a HUGE database of all kinds of foods and you just have to type them in to get all the nutrition facts! So far, I have been REALLY good about putting everything I eat in my journal..... and also so far I have exceeded my calorie limit everyday. (Though, I do think I have started to eat less because I am starting to be aware of whats in everything!)
I do pretty good during the day, buuuuut it's the night time that causes all kinds of hooplah for my waistline. IF any of you have had this problem, please share what you did to stop the PM shmorgishbord! I would really appreciate it. But seriously, check this site out. It got all kinds of ways to track your nutrition and exercise!
Well that is all for now. I will blog more. I promise!
Coming Soon:
A new Blog about my Diabetes! (exciting right?!? haha)
Harry Potter and The Gospel
This year's Themes!
And so so SO much more!
That is all.

Oh How I love the Elderly :)
In other news, I started a food journal. (She said as she scarfed down yet another cookie.)
This is day four.
I've actually had it for a while, I just never used it. It's online and it's called myfitnesspal.com. I really like it because it not only counts calories, but other important stuff too like carbs, proteins, sugar, and fiber! It has a HUGE database of all kinds of foods and you just have to type them in to get all the nutrition facts! So far, I have been REALLY good about putting everything I eat in my journal..... and also so far I have exceeded my calorie limit everyday. (Though, I do think I have started to eat less because I am starting to be aware of whats in everything!)
I do pretty good during the day, buuuuut it's the night time that causes all kinds of hooplah for my waistline. IF any of you have had this problem, please share what you did to stop the PM shmorgishbord! I would really appreciate it. But seriously, check this site out. It got all kinds of ways to track your nutrition and exercise!
Well that is all for now. I will blog more. I promise!
Coming Soon:
A new Blog about my Diabetes! (exciting right?!? haha)
Harry Potter and The Gospel
This year's Themes!
And so so SO much more!
That is all.
No comments:
Post a Comment