Tuesday, December 31, 2013

To Be More Like You

Chest is heavy
Grief descending
My Body wretching, 
Mirroring my aching soul. 
The hurt is piercing, 
Sinking to my core 
One blessed thought turns to you 
And all I know,

Is you suffered a million heart breaks
And weathered every storm 
You took upon you pain that none could bear
You endured every feeling 
of loneliness, 
Despair.  
You made it  through, 
I beg you to 
Take me in your arms
 love me 
and show me how,
 to be like more like you.  

I'm Selfish, wretched
Filthy, proud
Anguished by the state I'm in
To what can I amount? 
I am discouraged
Weak is my will
But on my knees I turn to thee
To find Love remaining still

 Cause You've felt the pain of every sin
And than a million more 
You took on the blame in greater share
Enduring every feeling 
Of worthlessness
And shame
My broken heart
I give to you
Take me in your arms
Forgive me 
and show me how,
to be like more like you. 

As I turn thy way
In every smile, sin and tear
Thy love transforms
My heart to mirror yours!
In your tender arms I'm molded
To be so much more
Than wayward child 
And broken soul. 

So everything, 
I give to you
Take me in your arms  
Bless me.
And show me how
To be more like you

No comments:

Post a Comment